What is a Cultural Plan?
A cultural plan is an inclusive process that engages residents, artists, arts organizations, and other sectors to identify cultural needs, opportunities, and resources. It allows a city to think strategically about how to use its resources to help communities achieve their goals.
Why a Cultural Plan for Dallas?
Dallas already has an amazing arts scene and community. The Dallas Cultural Plan 2018 will:
- Analyze the city’s cultural priorities
- Determine how Dallas residents experience culture in their daily lives
- Plan how the city can continue to stay arts-friendly
How Will the Dallas Cultural Plan Be Developed?
The year-long process will be:
INCLUSIVE: virtual and in-person engagements will be held throughout the city– allowing Dallas residents to participate in the ways that are most comfortable.
TRANSPARENT: the digital home of the plan (here) will be constantly updated with engagement information, presentations, virtual and in-person engagement opportunities.
SUSTAINABLE: the plan will include economic impact and feasibility to ensure support and further grow the arts in Dallas.
The Dallas Cultural Plan 2018 has three phases:
- Research and Engagement: Residents of Dallas can have their voice heard about the future of arts and culture in Dallas.
- Understand and Assess: DCP2018 will be in your neighborhood. Join the conversation.
- Draft + Refine: Did we get the plan right? Join OCA in verifying the direction of arts and culture for Dallas.